Shoshin International Theatre Residencies
Regula contra Regulam Open Session in Chidea (Cluj, Romania)
Guest Masters: Raúl Iaiza (Regula contra Regulam Teatro, Milano, Italy)
Else Marie Laukvik (Odin Teatret, Holstebro, Denmark)
Shoshin Theatre Association is proud to organise it’s first international summer session dedicated to expanding the field of actor training and studying the link between nature and creative processes. The session will be held in the lovely and isolated village of Chidea, 40 km from Cluj-Napoca, and it is intended for actors, directors, dancers, coreographers and those interested in theatre, from Romania and abroad.
OPEN SESSION WORK PROGRAM:
Creative work in this session focuses on: In praise of forgetfulness – the poetic world of Bertolt Brecht
The session will be structured into two main fields:
Physical (plastics, dynamic-impulse-relation,rhythmic body,actor’s acrobatics)
Vocal (breathing and emission techniques,physical resonators,vocals,dynamic and agogic)
Singing (monodic and choral singing, chironomia, pitch and modulation, voice-movement-space relationship)
Creative Work: improvisation and dynamic use of space, composition exercises, actor’s composition and dramaturgy, creative pathways, techniques of montage. A final montage, based on the proposed texts, will be shown as conclusion of the work.
Working sessions are held every day from 9 AM to 1 PM, and from 5 PM to 9 PM. Other individual sessions can be held at different timing, according with the development of the work.
Languages: English, Italian and Spanish (translation to Hungarian and Romanian can be provided)
– Comfortable work-wear for strenuous work (spare parts of t-shirts).
– Knee-pad (volleyball-like).
– Every actor should prepare a text from the works (poems or dramatic works) of Bertolt Brecht
– Each player must bring an elegant costume, complete with shoes.
– Actors playing a musical instrument are requested to bring it.
WORK DEMONSTRATIONS & PERFORMANCES
– Antigone in the cities – Shoshin Theatre Association and Regula Teatro, directed by Raúl Iaiza (outside performance in Cluj on the 4th)
– Fugue of training/Studies on different approaches to ‘Classical’ Training – by Raúl Iaiza, directed by Torgeir Wethal
– My Stage Children – My life with Odin Teatret – OTA film projection
Chidea is a village of some 160 inhabitants 40 km from Cluj-Napoca. It is famous for its specific type of architecture. It is a very quiet and inspiring village set in a beautiful landscape. Cluj-Napoca is well connected with many European cities through its International Airport, and Chidea can be approached by bus service running from the city. We will be happy to assist in any questions concerning your arrival.
Partners: Regula contra Regulam Teatro (regulacontraregulam.eu), Odin Teatret (odinteatret.dk), Teatrul Jolly (facebook.com/teatruljolly)
The project is made possible by the support of Cluj county Council, Communitas Foundation and Teatrul Jolly (special thanks to Koós Ferenc)